Sunday, August 01, 2004

Hackarama

This afternoon, Newsarama fell victim to self-proclaimed hacker MeM. Instead of the usual message board, users found themselves looking at this:

Click to enlarge the screen capture.

According to several posters, music played when you went to Newsarama. But for me, I did not hear a thing. I tried to get the audio going with the little control panel in the middle of the screen but nothing happened. I guess MeM should learn how to encode and embed audio universally for all browsers and operating systems. Ha!

The two images on the page were animated .gifs of the following:



Currently, the boards are down as administrators scramble to fix the problem.

EDIT: I found the link that MeM streamed the audio file from. You can listen to it at http://www.soutiat.com/sounds/n/n21.ram. If anyone can help translate the audio or know what kind of website it came from, Post-Crisis would appreciate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home