Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Pimpin' Ain't Easy

A Newsarama story posted today gives me reason to pimp one of my favorite online strips -- the dementedly photogenic A Softer World.

NRAMA: A Softer World has been described as a “post-modern haiku”. Given the space you have to work with, how do you work to ensure that you can get your idea across in such a limited space?

EH: With Emily's photographs I find that I'm often working with a character or a figure, and so the text is even more restricted because it cannot cover up the figure in more than one of the panels. Concise language is the only way that we can work in a three panel format. I try my hardest not to dumb down the idea we're going for, and sometimes I end up leaving large parts of the joke implicit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home