Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Fellatio

Over at The Pulse, Cisco Bunny started a topic called Frank Cho draws the most amazing tits and asses. As usual with anything posted on a comic book message board, you will have your attackers and defenders clash their opinions.

The biggest defender of Frank Cho is his buddy Scott Kurtz, of PVP Online fame. Kurtz just had to pipe up with the biggest ass-kissing post I have read in a long while:

    Everyone detracting Cho in this thread looks pretty stupid if you stop reading their post and just look at Frank's art.

    Frank certainly didn't invent the objectification of women in comics (although he may have perfected it).

    The guy is raw, unfiltered talent straight from the tap. It's not surprising that his work is threatening to so many people. Most of Frank's critics are people who wish they could draw as well as he can (which pretty much includes everyone).

    Kneel before Cho!!

Sorry, Kurtz. I'm not kneeling before Cho. You're his bitch, not me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Psycho Pirate said...

Someone on Newsarama thinks Frank Cho is creepy:

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14621

"Never met the guy. He just sets off my spider sense, that's all. From the interviews that I've read, he always comes across as a creepy little pervert. Like Bud Bundy with a pen. Like the kinda guy who would masturbate over one of his own drawings.

"I mean, he draws all this tits and ass, and it's essentially the same girl over and over again, just with different hair color, and you know, obsess much dude? I don't know. I haven't put much thought into this.....ooh, shiny things....and then you've got all the lonely fanboys drooling over his drawings, and they're just DRAWINGS, dude, come on."

He's not Frank Cho's bitch, either. :)

7:21 AM  
Blogger The Impossible Princess said...

I'm not surprised by this at all. From what I've seen on various message boards most people either love his work enough to be his bitch, think he's a sexist pig, or think he's an unfunny hack.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Psycho Pirate said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Psycho Pirate said...

Frank showed up to defend himself:

HA!

My wife and I got a good laugh out of the whole thing. Here's a guy who has never met me and have only read couple of things about me suddenly gets on his high horse and deem me "creepy" for drawing pretty women is pretty funny and well..."creepy" in itself.

I wonder what he thinks of Adam Hughes, Serpieri, Art Adams, Richard Corben, Budd Root, Terry Dodson, etc for drawing beautiful women?

WAIT A SECOND!?! Richard, are you the same guy (?) from the Comics Journal messageboard who's been taking potshots at me for several years now because I like mainstream comics and not that weird artsy fartsy abstract comics that you like so well? If so, then, dude, you need to get a life. There's more to life than trolling on the messageboard for a fight.

"...Sets off my Spider sense." Oh, brother...
I daresay the trainwreck that thread became is precisely the reason why people talk trash about Newsarama.

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home